Trying to stay positive.

So, today started out ok. Got Christopher off to school, got the 2 youngest up…
Andrew today, stylin’:


…then Andrew comes in tell to tell me our 2nd floor hall was flooded. Apparently, a pipe for the hot water heater popped off at some point. Thomas THEN tells me “oh yeah, I meant to tell you about that yesterday…” sigh. 

So, I had to shut the water off, & of course all I had to soak it up was our best/only bath towels.

Yeah. Meanwhile,  the boys played instead of getting dressed & ready for school.

And of course, Thomas lost his shoes AND school bag that were not supposed to leave the front door/foyer.

After hunting his stuff down, & making it to the bus stop, I came in to find broken tools, trash, & just mess left over from Michael. More damage done than the work he was paid to do. And, he, seeing me cleaning up the disaster in the kitchen while at the same time replying to customer emails, without pause, asks what paid job I have for him today. The *1* day HE comes& asks, and it’s while watching me fix his mess… then he got upset, stomped, & yelled because I wasn’t answering him fast enough.

So, after 2hours of recon, I then had to take him to his school again to turn in his social security card…( he has lost 2 official social security cards in the last month).  On the way, he asked why Im keeping THIS card, why I need it, & why he cant just have it…..sigh… my reply was “for situations exactly like this one. What Would you do right now if it wasn’t for my now last copy of your card?” Today was his last day that he could turn it in before he loses all of his financial aid. He Does not have any of the paperwork you need to get a Social Security card or even a printout at all. He has already lost it all.

So moving on, I get home and call Christopher’s doctors office for the billionth time since his appointment a month ago . And sat on hold for 10 minutes until I was sent to voicemail. Again. Christopher failed his hearing test July 22nd, And the doctors office said to wait 24 hours for them to fax the paperwork to Children’s Hospital so he could get his big test done right away before school started. I waited, and then call Children’s Hospital to find out the order was never faxed. Ever since then I have been calling his doctor and leaving message after message with no reply. I left another message on the nurse’s line, and a message on the appointment line too.  It’s really frustrating. Christopher would have had plenty of time to do it before school started if I could have gotten the paperwork on time. now he is going to miss a full day of school…

And on to the rest of the day.
Lots of running around /errands. Back home and finally get a call back about Christopher. Basically I was told that the next step is for Children’s Hospital to call me but they finally got the paperwork sent over.

So, into the evening.  Hot water heater guy still MIA (8:30pm), kids home, readied, & in bed, more maternity hung in the shop, etc…

Whew. Typical day here. And still didn’t get even 1/2 of what needed to be done today done. Every now and then, I track my typical day so I can look back & understand why Im stiff, hurting,  & plain worn out at the end of the day.  Because once we are all here, safe, and settled, it’s easy to forget what caused the symptoms… & tomorrow I will get up and do it all over again…


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s